Monday 19 January 2015

Cover Alert: The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich.

This is a Cover Alert and Wish Wish Wish post combined, because every time I read the synopsis of this book, I want it more and more. It just sounds SO GOOD. And SO ME. And I really don't know how I'm going to wait until August to read it. Also, I don't want to read it in August. I want to read it, like, now when the nights are cold and dark and stormy, not in August when the days are (hopefully) warm and balmy.

However, unless someone takes pity on me and sends me a review copy, I guess I'll have to wait it out. In the meantime, some here are the super spooky UK and US covers for THE DEAD HOUSE.


UK Cover


Part-psychological thriller, part-urban legend, this is an unsettling narrative made up of diary entries, interview transcripts, film footage transcripts and medical notes. Twenty-five years ago, Elmbridge High burned down. Five people were killed and one pupil, Carly Johnson, disappeared. Now a diary has been found in the ruins of the school. The diary belongs to Kaitlyn Johnson, Carly’s identical twin sister. But Carly didn’t have a twin . . . 

Re-opened police records, psychiatric reports, transcripts of video footage and fragments of diary reveal a web of deceit and intrigue, violence and murder, raising a whole lot more questions than it answers.

Who was Kaitlyn and why did she only appear at night? Did she really exist or was she a figment of a disturbed mind? What were the illicit rituals taking place at the school? And just what did happen at Elmbridge in the events leading up to ‘the Johnson Incident’?

Chilling, creepy and utterly compelling, THE DEAD HOUSE is one of those very special books that finds all the dark places in your imagination, and haunts you long after you've finished reading.


US Cover


So, which cover do I prefer?

Well, I saw the UK cover first and really liked it. But...Now that I've seen the US cover I think I like that one a little bit more. It's just so spooky and dark and with that big old house and that creepy old tree and all, it looks like THE perfect Halloween read. Still, I love the tagline on the UK cover, which gives me shivers down my spine!

How about you. Which cover do you prefer?



The Dead House by dawn Kurtagich releases August 2015 in the UK and September 2015 in the US.

7 comments :

  1. ChristinaBookAddict19 January 2015 at 12:29

    WOW! The US cover is so creepy. I don't know if I could handle reading this book at night, but the premise does sound awesome. I hope you get your hands on a review copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie Snider Hartwell20 January 2015 at 01:28

    I prefer the US version!!! This sounds like an amazing book!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting book to read! I have to say, I also prefer the US cover, even though I normally don't like faces on covers. It's the branches and hair, makes it look really creepy. Also, I think the fonts are much better on the US version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I think I prefer the US cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa!! I've never heard of this one before! Sounds so amazing and creepy and the US cover is so cool!! I definitely prefer the US one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the creepy covers and the premise is so cool! I have high expectations for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats