Saturday 7 November 2015

Stacking The Shelves & A NaNoWriMo Break!


Stacking The Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews.


Here's a round up of the books I've received for review in the past few weeks. Let me know your thoughts in comments!



Click on Book Titles For More Info!


Never Evers by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison - Romance. Mayhem. Hamsters. Not your average school trip...
I loved Lobsters - the frank and funny debut from this writing duo, and Never Evers while aimed at a younger audiences (first kisses rather than first times!) sounds like a very cute read too!

Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick - She's not who she says she is. And he will be her undoing.
New from Becca Fitzpatrick, Dangerous Lies centers around witness protection and an enigmatic guy called Chet Falconer. This is out next week in the UK!

The Menagerie - Animal Portraits to Colour: Illustrated by Claire Scully and Richard Merritt - Adult colouring books seem to be having a moment right now! This one contains a host of animal portraits on perforated pages which can be taken out and displayed once complete. 

Unforgiven by Lauren Kate -  Every love story has a dark side. 
Unforgiven, the fifth book in the Fallen series tells bad boy Cam's story. Just like bad boy Cole in Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver series, Cam was always my favourite in the Fallen books. What can I say? I guess I have a thing for bad boys. I am a fan of the Fallen books (although I never got around to reading the last book, Rapture) and I hope to check this out at some point. *Crosses fingers and hopes The Recaptains have recapped this series!*

Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit - Releasing from Penguin Random House in January 2016, Anna and the Swallow Man is a WWII-set book said to be perfect for fans of The Book Thief. 


*****

From Netgalley




I read a glowing review of this one last week on Goodreads, which prompted me to go track this one down on Netgalley. It's still available for a little while, if you want to go grab it. It's got a creepy house and doppelgangers and sounds all sorts of scary! Read the synopsis: HERE.

****




Just a quick note to let readers of this blog know that I am once again participatingin NaNoWriMo this year and, after a week, I am WOEFULLY behind on my word count. I've decided to take a break from blogging for the rest of November in order to catch up!  There will be a new review from Arianne for you to enjoy next week, but apart from that, it will be quiet around here for the rest of the month!


*****

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats