Wednesday 21 December 2016

My Top Reads of 2016!

It's no secret that just like last year 2016 has been a bit of a  mixed bag of a reading year for me BUT that doesn't mean that I didn't read some great books all the same.

Here are five of my favourite reads from 2016, listed in order of preference.




I read a hell of a lot of mysteries and thrillers, so the one's that keep me guessing right till the end have to be very tightly plotted and really very clever indeed! This one is. Catherine Ryan Howard's stunning debut gets and A+ from me. 





-----





In a year when a whole lot of YA missed the mark for me, Emery Lord's When We Collided, with its gorgeous prose, was a big winner. 



Up next from Emery Lord: The Names They Gave Us releases May 2017.


-----





Clare Mackintosh is fast becoming one of my go-to authors for creepy crime fiction. I See You is a complicated puzzle of a book with many a twist to keep you reading late into the night.



-----




One of the most talked about books of 2016, Emma Cline's Manson-family inspired coming-of-age debut, lived up to the hype thanks to its gorgeous prose.



------




A gorgeous beach setting and swoony romance give this book the feelgood factor I demand from all of my summer contemps. This one is a great beach read that will leave you with a big ol' smile on your face.




******




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats