Saturday 10 December 2016

Non-Bookish: A Few of my Favourite Things from November.

This post is a little behind schedule (but what's new!)


Image via CBC Radio

Like the rest of the world, I've been hooked on true crime podcasts ever since Serial reported on the case of Adnan Syed a couple years back.  Of all the podcasts I've checked out since then, Someone Knows Something, which focuses on Canadian cold cases, is one of the best. Season Two, which kicked off a couple of weeks back, deals with the disappearance of Sheryl Sheppard, who went missing in 1998 and has not been seen since.



*****



Season 1 of The Missing on BBC was good, but this series was even better. So clever and twisted. Julien Baptiste is my hero! Here's hoping for season 3. 




I wasn't sure about Offspring at first: Season 1 was hit and miss for me - and sometimes Nina Proudman was just a little too quirky for my liking. I stuck with it though and I'm really glad I did. Seasons 2-4 of this show are mostly excellent in their detailing of the lives, loves and dramas of the Melbourne-based, always entertaining,  Proudman family.  I've just started on Season 5 and I'm hoping that Netflix will make Season 6 available pretty soon. I've heard it might be a wait, though, as the current season has just aired in Australia.

If you like Parenthood and This is Us, then you'll like Offspring.

*****







Hydraluron was a total skin saver for me during a very cold November. If your skin needs a moisture boost right about now, then this is the product for you! I also quite like the sheet masks from Hydraluron, although I find sheet masks generally icky to apply. That, and the fact that they make me look like an extra from a bad horror movie.  This stuff really works, though. Check it out.


*****




November in music saw Impossible Dream by Haley Bonar on constant rotation. I must have listened to my two favourite songs from the album - Kismet Kill and Called You Queen - at least a gazillion times!

*****




My current book is Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson - it's the kind of thriller that is so gripping you'll only put it down if you absolutely have to! Also, check out The Kind Worth Killing  by the same author. So, so, SO good! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats